Friday, May 3, 2013

Eve talks raising bi-racial babies


Rapper Eve is dropping a new album, Liplock on May 14th.  In a new interview with Vibe Vixen, she opened up about her boo, British entrepreneur Maximillion Cooper and having babies:
I want them to be colorblind, but I do want them to understand both sides of themselves. I'm a black woman and I love being a black woman. And I think my child should know that black part of themselves. But obviously at the same time, their father would be white and I would want them to know that side of themselves. And British! That's a whole other situation (laughs). But in doing that, I think they can be colorblind. I don't want them to see color. I never did. I grew up in the hood and my mother was very good at it not being a black thing, even though I grew up around all black people. I want them to want to know everything about all kinds of races. And hopefully they will.


No comments:

Post a Comment